Derma Appointment

I at last met with my Derma last day, It was surprising that she still recalls me. Even the staff remembered. Dr. De Veyra is still beautiful and young looking as I remembered her to be, her hair longer than before. She gave me the usual bright smile she often gives to her patients. And the welcoming endearment "iha" that's how she addresses me. We had a little chit chat after catching up on some lost times she then asked me on why and how I had a flare-up. And so I again started retelling the whole story from the Anawangin Escapade up to the pantal up to the pantal-turned eczema and into a major flare-up.

I found out something new, did you know that nickel can also caused allergic reactions? Before I was able to tell the cause of my second flare-up my derma made a suggestion that I check the utensils being used at home, she said that maybe the "kaldero" or the rice cooker are already old and it's outer coating are peeling off which might mixed up with the food.

Dr. De Veyra had a long queue of patients that day and I can see that she is already tired but she still was able to hear out my case. She immediately advised all necessary oral and topical medications that I needed.

And so for my Oral I have:

1. Prednisone 20MG @ 7 x P7.75 = P54.25
2. Xyzal 5MG @ 7 x P24.75 = P173.25
3. Iterax 10MG @ 7 x P11.50 = P80.50

For my topical medication I have:

4. Soap Free liquid gel  @ P448
5. Physiogel Intensive @ P650
6. Betamethasone lotion @ 492.80

I also undergo Phototheraphy session:

7. UVB 500 MJ @ P600

That robs my bank account by P2498! Oh! well going to a derma is really expensive as they are fond of prescribing lotions that are only sold by them but I may say all those lotions are worth the money as they are really effective and helps me a lot. Thanks to Maxicare, I would not need to worry about my consultation fee which is by the way worth P1500 in Makati Med. Whew! sometimes having a work with many benefits such as medical coverage helps a lot. Although it is also the work that makes us sick and stressed.

And so after waiting for two and a half hours to meet my derma, it only took us less than 10 minutes to discuss the matter and I'm already out in her office.

If  you need a good derma, you can count on Dr. De Veyra. You can look her up in the Makati Medical Center website.


Comments

  1. hi,

    how are you now? were you cured? my bestfriend also happened to have this skin problem, in her case - her palms. we are looking for a good derma. she has been to, i guess 3 dermatologist already but everything's the same. is dra aragon really good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it is good to know that someone who has the same skin condition as mine letting her skin situation and battles read by public. I am somewhat encouraged that someday I'll live like the ones with normal skin. Anyway, too much of the drama. lol. :D I'm curious, if you are not having a flareup, do you wear shorts outside like going to mall and beaches? Is your skin dry/rough to touch and is your skin is smooth if you are not in a flareup condition? thanks. More power to you and to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Followers