Suffering from Eczema?

Well you are not alone. I had been suffering from eczema for exactly 17 months now. Since August of 2009 up to now I had experienced 3 major flare-ups and some mild ones in between. I had long wonder why I always got to inherit all the bad health problems from my parents. I just got this eczema from my father who is an eczema sufferer himself. I also used to have heart problems when I was young good thing I was able to overcome it. I don't know why but when I come to think of eczema I always think of suffering. I know people who have eczema like me will agree. It's hard to have this type of disease as it will involve not only your physical appearance but your mental and social aspects are widely affected as well.

When I got my first major flare-up, I almost want to die. I know I may sound exaggerated but it's the truth. When I saw how severe the wounds were, I had become so hopeless that I will never be cured again. I started to wear long pants, I avoided wearing shorts or sleeeveless. I wan't to hide my skin as much as possible. My siblings who see my wounds watering can't help themselves but to react in disgust. How much more for to those for people that I don't know. I also become irritable. I'm unmmotivated and always unhappy.

Eczema is such disease that can't be cured by a week of antibiotics or rest. It's a disease with no cure. But good news is the flare-ups can be avoided. That's the only wish of eczema sufferers such as me. My only wish is to for my eczema to just sleep and never to wake up again. No more flare-ups. No more worries. No more problems. But maybe this is just part of the plan, all things have their reasons of existence. I may not know it right now but maybe the best thing to do is for me to learn to accept things as they are whether it be bad or worst. I'll move forward and try to see the beauty this life has to offer. There is more to life than this disease. I'll continue to fight and be not a sufferer but a fighter and a survivor of Eczema.

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Followers