Prednisone Medication: Day 4

An itchy day 4 for me, despite how I avoid getting allergic reactions but looks like I cannot really totally avoid it. I had been scratching and scratching since yesterday night. Prednisone had been doing its work but my antihistamine is not performing well. If I continue to scratch this wounds then I would never be healed despite how many times I take Prednisone.

They say Eczema flare-ups are caused by stress, low immune system, reactions of skin to the sun, mosquito bites and/ or chemicals. Eczema is a form of dermatitis. It is used to a range of persistent skin conditions. They are redish, inflammed, watery and are really itchy. There is a term called Edema that is used to define the condition of the skin where an abnormal accumulation of fluid is formed beneath the skin. You know that you are having a flare-up if your skin's current condition includes dryness and recurring skin rashes that are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding.

My left leg with some of the wounds still watering.


Common medicines for eczema are Prednisone, Cetirizine, Steroids for the skin. Treatement of Eczema is quite dangerous. Prolonged use of steroids on the skin can cause for the chemicals to be absorbed by the skin all the way to our body system that's why it is recommended to shorten usage of such steroids.


My right leg with coin-shaped wounds called "nummular eczema"

The pictures had been taken exactly a week ago. And it had major improvements, now that I am already under medication. I'll post my latest pictures of my flare-up tomorrow so we can see how i had improved after 4 days of taking Prednisone. I could have been cured if not only I had been scratching too much lately.

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Followers