Prednisone Medication: Day 2

I had a long sleep, from 12:30am to 11am. That made me missed the departure of my auntie to Taiwan, maybe I'll just leave a message on her FB.

After taking my first tab of Pred last night, I had been feeling a bit tensed and sleepy. Though I would say that the drug really helped as I can see improvements now on my eczema flare up, the wounds had stopped being watery. I also took cetirizine as it would help lessen the itching. Sratching of the wounds due to itch won't help stop the flare up but rather make your case worse. That's why if you are to treat your eczema flare up it is advisable to take also antihistamine drugs such as Cetirizine.

I also started to avoid foods that might activate my allergens. One reader advised me to go vegetarian. Eating only green leafy vegatables. I think that's a good advise as it would help me avoid foods like chicken, eggs, seafoods, etc. Since veggies are unlikely to cause allergic reactions. I also started my water therapy, keeping my skin rehydrated all the time will also help. Eczema worsen if you have dry skin that's why I remember my derma telling me to always keep my skin moist and clean. Also it is better to let the skin breathe, don't wear pants or long sleeves as it won't help. It is better if you let your skin under the sun for at least 20 minutes every morning. Or if you don't have the time ask your derma for the UVB treatment. My derma let me try the treatment to dry up the wounds faster. UVB treatments is equivalent to standing under the sun for 20 minutes each morning. The side effects though is your skin will get a bit reddish like you got a mild sun burn but that's normal and nothing to worry about said my derma. Double your amount of sunblock after the treatment.

Keep your mind healthy as well and avoid worrying yourself too much despite how worrisome the flare up is. I'm still five days away for my last day of intake. Hoping for positive results. Tomorrow I'll try to share the origin of eczema.

Comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Followers