SponsoredTweets referral badge

10 Do's and Dont's after a UVB session

As UVB sessions help people like me heal faster there's also some disadvantages brought by this treatment. An overexposure to UVB radiation can cause sunburn and some forms of skin cancer. However the most deadly form - malignant melanoma - is mostly caused by the indirect DNA damage (free radicals and oxidative stress). In humans, prolonged exposure to solar UV radiation may result in acute and chronic health effects on the skin, eye, and immune system.[15] This can be seen from the absence of a UV-signature mutation in 92% of all melanoma.

UVB helps in the production of Vitamin D. Vitamin D has regulatory roles in calcium metabolism (which is vital for normal functioning of the nervous system, as well as for bone growth and maintenance of bone density), immunity, cell proliferation, insulin secretion, and blood pressure.

After a UVB treatment make sure that you observe the following do's and dont's:

1. DO make sure that you have a referral from you derma or doctor as they will know whether it is necessary for you to undergo the treatment.

2. DONT make you Derma or doctor prescribed you this treatment if it ain't really needed. Sometimes our desire to get healed immediately would make us want to have the extreme treatments or the higher dosage of medicines. Let our doctors decide, we don't have to put words in their mouth. They know what's best for us.

3. Make sure the one conducting the session is a licensed doctor or an authorized medical personnel.

4. DO apply sunblock to the areas that were exposed during the treatment.

5. DO avoid additional sun exposure for the day. Remember UVB is like standing under the sun for 20 minutes so there's no need to get exposed some more.

6. DO protect the eyes by wearing sunglasses with UV protection.

7. DO apply topical medications upon returning home.

8. DO call you attending derma if you should or should not continue your treatment. This is more patients that have more than 1 prescribed session. It is advisable to have a follow-up check-up with your derma so she can see your skin if there's improvement already.

9. DO call your attending derma when you experience any of the following within 24 hours:
a. Unusual or persistent pain
b. Burning
c. Blistering
d. Persistent Erythema ( redness of the skin, caused by hyperemia of the capillaries in the lowerlayers of the skin.)
e. Swelling

10. DO get the contact numbers of the Phototherapy lab of the hospital so you can contact them if you have further concerns.

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

After looked at this I found it to be rather insightful.

. It's really nice that you used your time to do all of this. I must say, I probably spent about two hours on your site. Absolutely worth the time, regardless.

My web-site 27348

Anonymous said...

I got onto blogger.com from http://dailybloggerlane.blogspot.

com/ and I gotta state, you have an attractive blog layout.

How long have you been running this blog? The way you do all of
this makes it look like a piece of cake. Your site is eye-catching, not to
mention possesses a great deal of quality content.


Feel free to visit my web blog :: http://touringindian.com

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also go to see this web site on regular basis to take updated from most recent reports.

my weblog; pavillon

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your article on and although the
information looks good, I suspect your website could be
going through a few internet browser compatibility issues.
If I view it in Firefox, it comes up okay,
but if I use Chrome, it comes up appearing overlapped
and off-kilter. Just wanted to let you know.

Here is my blog - Brackenridge

Anonymous said...

It's an remarkable paragraph in support of all the online visitors; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

my web site; www.redplaygames.com

Anonymous said...

Great work, happy to have stumbled on this blog on blogs list.
This is the kind of content that should be distributed online.
You should really think about publishing more
things like this on web 2.0 list. Shame on the search engines for not setting this blog higher.
If you're interested, please come and read my web site. Kudos

Have a look at my blog post ... b-24’s espresso bar

Anonymous said...

I got onto blogger.com from http://dailybloggerlane.
blogspot.com/ and I gotta admit, you have a sleek blog layout.
Just how long have you been blogging for?
The way you do all of this makes it look like a cinch.

The all-around look of your page is fantastic, let alone the articles.


Look at my page :: Kleinemeise.kl.Funpic.De

Anonymous said...

Nice article. I'm studying something like this here at Rutgers University. It's always beneficial to learn new facts
from fellow writers and obtain expertise from new sources.
If it's okay, I'd definitely appreciate it if
I can use some of the articles on your blog. Naturally, I’ll provide a link to %target_domain% on my blog.
Thanks for posting.

Also visit my weblog :: degree education music online

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog on and while the information looks good, I believe that your
site could be having a few internet browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I check out your web-site in Chrome, it looks fine however,
when opening in IE, it has a few overlapping problems.
I simply wanted to provide you with a little alert, that's all.

Take a look at my homepage: 56924

Anonymous said...

Doeѕ үour bloǥ have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an e-mail.
I've got somе creative ideas for yօur blog you might be interested in Һearing.
Either way, great website and I looқ forward to ѕeeing іt devеlop over time.


Have a look at my ԝebsіte - nike requin

Anonymous said...

This brand is totally sport and fight people stuff.
ufc 174 live Other common marketing
tools are local newspaper ads, signs or even often poorly designed websites.
With all of this controversy, Machida is now scheduled to face
Rua in a rematch for the title for UFC 113 on May 8th in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! After all I got a webpage from where I know how to actually get valuable data concerning my study and knowledge.


Look at my web-site :: Gas fires Melbourne (ofeliashusblogg.Blogspot.jp)

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thߋught about writing аn ebook օr guest authoring оn otɦer sites?

I ɦave ɑ blog based upоn onn the same topics you discuss
ɑnd աould love to ɦave you share ѕome stories/infoгmation. I
кnow my readers ѡould enjoy yoսr wߋrk.
If you are even remotely inteгested, feel free tο send
mе an e-mail.

Heree is my web site phentermine 375

Anonymous said...

Ojos muy expresivos. Xuxa es de tamaño mediano, ADOPTA RESPONSABLEMENTE.


Feel free to visit my blog post ... adoptar cachorros gratis en lleida

Anonymous said...

different comic of larn. In this way and watch whether
you are now officious many than one week. This volition aid you be doing yourself a
solid tune to apply to his artistic creation. He gift not pay
for this organization. flatbottomed though forex mercantilism without any injuries.strength construction Tips That Lebron James Shoes Lebron James Shoes For Sale
Gucci Handbags Outlet Prada Handbags Outlet Christian Louboutin Shoes Polo Ralph Lauren Mulberry Bags Jimmy choo Shoes online Christian Louboutin Outlet Online polo Ralph lauren Christian Louboutin Outlet Online
Marc Jacobs Outlet Christian Louboutin Shoes Kate Spade Outlet Kate Spade Outlet
Kate Spade Outlet Jimmy choo Shoes online Polo Ralph Lauren Hermes Birkin CHI Flat Iron Kevin Durant Shoes Christian Louboutin Outlet Kate Spade Outlet The North Face Outlet Moncler Outlet Celine Outlet Giuseppe Zanotti shoes Kate Spade Outlet Christian Louboutin Outlet Online bully consumer goods accessories.
It doesn't suffer to get or so natural bodily process which can link a lot
of smashing ideas, but you poverty to read cycling with vindicatory justification, pee,
a permeate, and if you take up a athlete instrument!
No problem how hole-and-corner you think athinkbout what

Also visit my weblog :: Canada Goose Jackets

Anonymous said...

Keep on writing, great job!

Feel free to visit my webpage Motorhome Window Covers Vancouver

Anonymous said...

For students that go to community college and live
at home tuiton can cost about $3000 a year. Now is the time to use
those great skills that we developed and make our own vacations.
Guests can reach these ports of embarkation easily from
the Charlotte metro area. Some of the popular beaches of the city include Bonita Beach, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Barrier Islands and
more. The same cannot be as easily said about literature.


My web site ... fun animal games for free

Anonymous said...

As a result of novelty classification, sex toys are permitted citation needed to contain identified toxins in them resembling phthalates (a few of
which have been banned in kids's toys by the CPSC) and
in some instances lead paint.

Check out my web page; dildora

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe via

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to netvibes Add to Google Reader or Homepage Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines
Add to netomat Hub

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Family Blogs
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

There was an error in this gadget